Monday, May 4, 2009

Pictures IV

First Flower


12 of our first 14 hiking days were this. Just this. ~Every day. For two weeks.



Rhodedendron are the only green plants here at this time of year. Luckily they grow in abundance - along river beds, on tops of mountains where other trees can't grow. What a sad and desolate place it would have been without them.


There's probably a great view behind the mist...

I just got a digital camera (hooray and thanks Doris/Mom:) Happy Birthday to me:) ), so there will be many more to come, but my cord is buried in my pack somewhere and there are mad thru-hikers wanting to use this library's 4 computers (Jess included), so I'm going to vacate the premisis and get some food. Will hear from us next in 4-5 days from Erwin, TN. Peace and Love to all!



2 comments:

  1. LOL! that is def the most mullietiest mullet I would have to say of all time. I've been readin ur stuff (I'm gunna censor myself) since the beginning, I just didnt feel like making an account til today lol. I dare say I laughed a little when Jess thought Julia was eaten by a bear I'm sorry but I did. Everyone from LI sends maaaaad love for you dudes, and can't wait to meet up for a few days on the trails...... p.s- Happy belated birthdays, both of you lol...... <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA!!!! SORRY IT'S BELATED!!! Just wanted to say hi, still working at the "Art Farm" and still hating most people who breathe on a daily basis.

    I went up to Cuse for my bday, the 8th, and it was awesome. Got to see Mike before he goes to Alaska,and that made me happy to Jam with him, and Sam and Nik, it feels better when we're all playing together ya know? Jamming out is one of my most joyous times, seldom do I find something that's pure joy for me, and jamming with them, and the rest of our friends,is it. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see Mike before he left, and I apologize I couldn't see you guys! I got up there the day after you guy had left in March! Anyway I cherished this past weekend. Seeing the guys was a great 24th birthday present.

    It's so sad we're all splitting up, that commune idea with all our friends + one camaro (c'mon, gve me taht much), sounds like a better idea each passing day... also with each day I get more and more disillusioned with my current career path, and my life in general. I'm thinking of checking back into psychiatric counseling/care again, given my mood swings and presistent down state. Anyway, I gotta run, I'll post again later tonight! Lots to talk about!

    Your friend and Brother,
    Andrew (Drew Rag) Marsala

    ReplyDelete